Thursday 4 April 2013

Chocolate Banana Galette

CHOCOLATE BANANA GALETTE

I could not longer resist the delicious combination of chocolate and banana because that is one of my all time favourite flavour combination. Yesterday, at around 9:30 a.m. I was getting hungry for some breakfast and I could not think of what to make. What to do? What to do? Thankfully, it only takes me a few minutes to get inspiration from the ingredients I already have in my kitchen. Soon, I was gathering all the items I needed to make this scrumptious breakfast pancake.

1/2 cup of oat bran
1 egg
1/4 milk
pinch of salt
pinch of icing sugar & cinnamon combo
Nutella
1 banana, sliced
canola oil

1. In a small bowl, add the oat bran and egg first. Beat together to create a dough consistency. Then add the milk to smooth it out. Sprinkle with salt and the icing sugar cinnamon combo.

2. In a non-stick pan, heat the canola oil well. Pour in the oat bran mixture. Flatten out with a spatula and let the galette do its magic. 

3. When you see the edge bubble and little holes on the top that is when you can flip over the galette. Be very careful when flipping it over. The galette is a bit heavier then your average pancake. Let it brown on the other side of a minute or two.

4. Transfer to a plate. Let it cool down before spreading the Nutella and banana slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment