Friday 4 October 2013

Lemon Wedge Potatoes

Lemon Wedge Potatoes

Potatoes. Patates. Papas. In whatever language you call this remarkable knobs of wholesome goodness you can always find new ways to prepare them. The other day I was making my Grandfather George's famous Roast Pork and Leeks for dinner and decided to roast up some potatoes for my hubby. My hubby loves potatoes. He will eat potatoes any way I prepare them. I love them too but I'm trying to limit my intake of potatoes for weight loss reasons. I must confess though, I did try a couple just to make sure they were edible and boy were they ever.

4 to 5 large yellow potatoes, cut into wedges
olive oil
salt 
pepper
juice of 1/2 lemon

1. Preheat oven to 450F.

2. After cutting potatoes into wedges, place them in  a mixing bowl. Pour on the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet.

3. Roast for 45 minutes or until golden brown.

4. Eat as is or serve as your favourite side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment