Thursday 3 October 2013

Purple Basil

Purple Basil

About three years ago, I had brought back my Mom some lavender and purple basil after visiting the  Farmer's Market in Ottawa because I thought these two herbs would be a nice addition to her herb garden. Being of Greek descent we are familiar with Italian basil however this did not deter me from my mission to diversify my Mom's garden. I'm not sure what happened to the lavender but the purple basil is alive and well. On my next post I will be showing you how I used the purple basil. Since purple basil is well suited to Asian inspired recipes I thought I would try my hand at some Coconut Mango Chicken. Below you will find links for other uses for purple basil
Recipes with Purple Basil
http://www.feastie.com/recipes-ingredients/purple-basil

No comments:

Post a Comment