Monday 28 October 2013

Turkey Vegetable Soup

Turkey Vegetable Soup
After Thanksgiving I usually have a pound or two of turkey leftover. Some people make turkey sandwiches out of the leftover turkey which is a great idea but my favourite dish to make with my left over turkey is a hearty vegetable soup. This year my Turkey Vegetable Soup is a bit different due to the soup base I made out of the turkey juices and roasted vegetables from the pan. The flavours of the celery, carrots and onions pureed with the seasoned turkey juices gave my soup a heightened level of yumminess. Since all my ingredients were already cooked the only ingredients I had to add were the frozen medley of harvest veggies and another 4 cups of chicken broth. Within minutes my Turkey Vegetable Soup was ready to enjoy with crispy bread.

Ingredients

1 to 2 lbs of roasted turkey, shredded
4 cups of roasted vegetable puree
4 cups of chicken stock
2 cups of frozen veggie medley
1 sweet potato, diced
2 yellow potatoes, diced

1. Strain the turkey juices from the roasting pan and scoop out the roasted vegetables. Place the turkey juice and roasted vegetables in a blender and puree until smooth.

2. Pour the roasted vegetable puree along with 4 cups of chicken stock into a large stock pot. Add the sweet and yellow potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.

3. At 30 minutes of simmering add the shredded turkey and frozen veggies. Simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes.

4. Serve warm with your favourite bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment