Monday 15 October 2012

Shrimp Mediterraneo

This simple and delicious dish was inspired by my trip to New York City a few years back. Suzanne and I had went to an Italian Restaurant that was highly recommended by a friend, Tony Maloni's on 52nd Street. I'm we went there because the food was unforgettable. At Tony Maloni's you order al carte and the portions come in extra large sizes for sharing. Since it was my birthday we decided to have some seafood to celebrate. We ordered this scrumptious shrimp appetizer. The plate was full of large prawns and succulent artichokes and tomatoes that it was a meal all on it's own. I will never forget the mouth watering flavours of this dish. When I got back home I recreated this dish for my family. My father was really impressed and my sister asked for the recipe. Now, I have tranformed the basic concept and add a bit of a Greek touch.

SHRIMP SANTORINI

30 - 40 peeled and devined large tiger shrimp
1 can of artichokes, quartered
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
200 g crumbled feta
3 to 4 garlic cloves, chopped
juice of 1 lemon
salt
pepper
oregano
2 tbsp olive oil

1. Rinse the shrimp in a colander.

2. Meanwhile, quarter the artichokes if they are not already quartered.

3. Place the shrimp, artichokes, tomatoes, feta, lemon. olive oil and seasonings in a rectangular or square pyrex.

4. Preheat oven at 425F.

5. Bake in the oven uncovered for 25 minutes.

You can serve this as an appetizer or as a main on pasta or rice. I ate it on a bed of greens. Perfect for people on a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment