Friday 9 November 2012

Arroz con Leche

And last but on least the dessert. As some of you may already know I am not much of a baker. The baker in the family is my sister, Efi. She is a genius when it comes to everything dessert. I have been successful on occasion with desserts but I have to really work at getting perfect product. This weekend, I am hosting our Book Club's meeting. We are going to enjoy a Peruvian lunch of Aji De Gallina Empanadas, Causa, Lomos Saltado and to finish off the meal a comforting Arroz con Leche. It's been a long while since I made this simple dessert and I am pleased to report that I have made a successful rice pudding.



ARROZ CON LECHE

6 cups of water
2 cups of arborio rice
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 cup of maple syrup
4 cups of milk
1 cup of raisins

1. Bring water to a boil and add rice. Stir often and boil for 15 minutes. This is a good time to add the cinnamon stick. Make sure to lower the heat so the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.

2. Add the milk and maple syrup. Lower heat again and stir often until thick; about 12 minutes.

3. Add the raisins and stir. Set aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment