Tuesday 28 May 2013

En Salata Plata con Camarones

En Salata Palta con Camarones

Every time we go to my favourite Peruvian restaurant, I am always inspired by a new dish. A couple of weeks back my husband took us to El Plebeyo in Toronto for Mother's Day. To try something new, we ordered a salad that I fell in love with at first bite. With each forkful I closed my eyes to intensify the flavours I was tasting. Upon finishing the salad I proclaimed to my husband, "I can make this at home!" And I did. This Peruvian salad is perfect for a light lunch, appetizer or dinner salad. We paired it with my Tres Quesos Empanadas. Muy rico!

5 yellow potatoes, boiled
3 ripe avocado
3 tomatoes
1/2 iceberg lettuce
1 lbs cooked shrimp
juice from 1 lime
salt
pepper
oregano
2 tbsp minced garlic
olive oil

1. After peeling the skin off the potatoes, cut into thick julienne slices. Place in a large salad bowl and dress with a good helping of olive oil and salt.

2. Cut tomatoes into wedges and slice iceberg lettuce. Place into the same bowl as the potatoes.

3. Wash and drain the cooked shrimp. Add to the salad bowl.

4. In a small bowl make the dressing. Olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well and pour over the contents of the salad bowl. Mix together.

5. Last slice the avocado and add to the salad. Mix gently into the rest of the salad but be careful not to mash up the avocado. Season with salt as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment