Friday 7 September 2012

Another Successful Night in the Kitchen. OPA!


Another Successful Night in the Kitchen. OPA!

Last night I made the best ever keftedakia. I have to thank my Mom for picking me up the meat from Hilland Farms. On first sight, I knew that they were going to be delicious. Like anything you have to have the perfect ingredients to make a successful meal. Last week, I made dolmadakia and I was really disappointed because they were awful. I was upset mostly because it took me a long time to roll them and the leaves are so hard to pick. Now, I make a good dolma. I've never had an issue with them before but this time the meat was all wrong. I bought ground meat from FreshCo in one fo the those tubes. Never again. It turned out to be organ meat mixed in with real meat. We ate them but it was not a satisfying experience. Anywho, my keftedakia were amazing. I added some fresh parsley along with the other spices like cumin and cinnamon. Also, I chop the onions and garlic in the food processor so that the meatballs are soft once cooked. As I was frying them in a non-stick pan the aroma of the meat combined with the yummy flavours were started to rise through the condo. Alejandro was salivating the poor baby. I had to give him some kefte even before the entire batch was finished frying. Rafael came home at that very moment that I was just about done and he said, "I could smell something yummy all the way down the hall. I was hoping it was you cooking something delicious." Yup! And yup! They were nostima, polli nostima. It makes me so happy when my family loves eating my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment