Friday 7 September 2012

Cooking with my Hubby


Cooking with my Hubby

A few days ago, Rafael suggested that we cook together one day out of the week. I was thrilled with his suggestion because relationship therapist always advise couples to find ways to spend quality time with each other and cooking is one way to do that. Rafael wanted for me to pick a recipe from my newest cookbook - Cocina Peruana - that we could make together. I chose a simple yet delicious dish - Chaufa. This dish is inspired by the Chinese immigrants in Peru. Basically it is a fried rice with shrimp and pork. The meal was delicious but the time spent in the kitchen with my hubby was the best part of the meal. I put on some Barry White - which is our favourite artist and the magic began. Since Rafael is Peruvian and has some experience making this dish, he added some of his expertise in the dish. There is something sexy about cutting, chopping, dicing and stir-frying with your partner. I'm looking forward to the next cooking sessions with my honey. Hey, that could be a show - Cooking with my Honey.

Chaufa with Steamed Bok Choy

Chicharron con Camote Frito y Salsa Criolla




In the morning, we had a Peruvian breakfast. Fried pork, sweet potato and salsa criolla. Maybe Gina is right. I've been eating and making a lot of Peruvian dishes of late. Gina made a comment that I'm forgetting my Greek routes. Never! However, exploring a new cuisine is one of the things I love to do. My Greek heritage is ingrained so deep down inside that I will never abandon them.

No comments:

Post a Comment