Friday 7 September 2012

Leftover Lovelies


Leftover Lovelies

There is nothing more satisfying to a cook when you create a delicious meal out of leftovers and whatever you have in your fridge. The other day, as I was walking to my parents' house I was thinking about what to make for dinner. I;m sure all you cooks out there can sympathize with my dilemma. Even if you are the greatest chef in the whole wide world, sometimes you are stuck. It's kind of like writer's block. By the time I came home a remembered that I had a fillet of trout in the fridge that I had already baked and decided that I would create something with that. Along with the trout I noticed I had a half of a red onion, 1 red pepper, a few celery stalks and a container of mushrooms. "That's it! I'm make a stir fry." I said excitedly to myself. I through in some soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, half a lime and this Thai Seasoning mix from Club House. When we sat down to eat, Rafael was raving about how delicious it smelled in the kitchen. Not only was he raving about the aroma of the food but on first bite he was swooning, "Que rico! Bravo Eleni!"

No comments:

Post a Comment