Friday 20 December 2013

Avocado Oil

Today's favourite ingredient is Avocado Oil. For the past year or so many chefs, health food advocates and doctors alike have been singing the praises of this light, nutty cooking oil that is taking the food lovers on an exciting adventure. Aside from the Avocado Oil health benefits, it is a nice alternative to some more traditional cooking oils such as canola or safflower oil. Since Avocado Oil has a high smoke point it is a better oil to stir fry with then your average canola oil which will prevent the oil from burning which produce toxins that lead to things like heart disease and cancer. Celebrity doctors, such as Dr.Oz recommend adding Avocado Oil to your diet to help promote healthy hearts because it is loaded with antioxidants and is 100% cholesterol free. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/best-oils-use-your-kitchen

This is all good news for people who want to lead healthy lifestyles but want to continue eating delicious food. The delicate flavour of the Avocado Oil is perfect for a fresh green salad garnished with cilantro or used in a stir fry. A few days ago as I was walking the aisles of one of my favourite stores, I came across this huge bottle. I was surprised that Costco carried this trendy oil and that it was at an affordable price. Only $9.99 for 1 litre of 100% Avocado Oil. Since purchasing this incredibly versatile cooking oil I have used it in a dressing for my traditional Peruvian Avocado Salad - Ensalata de Palto, as a base for my Aji de Gallina and tonight I am using Avocado oil to saute dandelion leaves with green onions and garlic which I am then going to dress with an avgolemono - lemon egg drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment