Sunday 1 September 2013

Beet & Aragula Salad

Beet & Arugula Salad

I have to thank my Mom and Stefano Faita for this delicious salad of Beets and Arugula. First, I want to thank my Mom for introducing me to this salad last week as I launched into my post preggo diet. Second, I want to thank Stefano Faita who shared this refreshing salad on his cooking show - In the Kitchen with Stefano Faita; which my Mom was watching one fateful afternoon. The combination of the sweet beets and bitter arugula is nicely balanced with the briny feta and tangy vinaigrette. We paired it with roasted chicken for a low carb - high protein lunch and it hit the spot until dinner time.

1 bunch of arugula
2 large beets, boiled, peeled and sliced
100 g feta, crumbled
olive oil
white wine vinegar
salt
pepper
1 tsp mustard powder


No comments:

Post a Comment