Monday 23 September 2013

Chili Fries

Chili Fries

Last Thursday, I was craving some pub food but since we hardly go out these days what with having two babies and all I thought I would make pub food at home instead. A couple of weeks ago, my good friend Susan came over for a play date and brought a tupper full of chili. This was very thoughtful of my friends because having a new baby and an toddles is a lot of work. Sometimes juggling two babies and making dinner is near impossible sometimes, so the chili was perfect last week. The pre-made chili made my meal preparations much more simpler and quicker. I just had to bake up the wedge fries, heat the chili and shred the cheese. Presto! Chili Fries. 

For the Chili recipe, my friend Susan will be supplying the website with that. As for the wedge fries simply cut the potatoes in wedges. From a large potato I got 9 wedges. Dress the wedges in canola oil, salt and pepper. Bake in a 450F preheated oven on a baking sheet for 45 minutes. To plate the Chili Fries distribute the wedges evenly as to how many plate you are plating, spoon on a couple of ladles of Chili and top with a heap of shredded marble cheddar cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment